Sunday, December 12, 2010

For the record

Normally my posts are aimed at finding the perfect gift for a certain type of person, but there are a few items out there that I just have to mention before Christmas and I will run out of time to do so without this post. So, for the record, these are some of my favorite gifts this year (if anyone needs gift ideas for me, feel free to use this as a guide!):

Rosetta Stone V4 TOTALe: French Level 1-5 Set
I have been wanting to learn more French for awhile, and I think Rosetta Stone is the best choice to help me do just that (unless someone wants to send me to France, of course!). My father thinks I want to learn French so I can move to Paris... not a bad idea, pops!
I know these pink glitter Toms (available in more sizes at Nordstrom) are a bit self-indulgent, but I love them and don't care who knows it.

Apple's iPad (shown here in 64 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model) is one of the hottest gadgets on the market this year; unfortunately, my MacBook uses an older operating system than the iPad requires for syncing, so this indulgence will have to wait...

...unless someone also wants to get me a new MacBook Pro! Mine has been through 3 years of law school (a miracle in itself) plus another year of miscellaneous use, which is quite impressive. It deserves a break.
Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone 32GB
The iPhone 4 has great new features like video and a 5 megapixel camera and is one of the best selling phones on the market. I have wanted an iPhone since I first heard rumors of its existence. Now that it seems a Verizon model is looming, maybe the time has come for me to take the plunge!
Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season
Sadly, my favorite show is over, but Lost will live on in the hearts and time-traveling minds of fans everywhere.
Telling Lies: Clues to Deceit in the Marketplace, Politics, and Marriage, Third Edition
I recently discovered the show Lie to Me, about deception experts, and I am a bit obsessed. Telling Lies is the real-life inspiration for the series, and I can't wait to start reading it.
The Louis Vuitton Speedy is a classic - I prefer to think of it as an investment rather than a bag. Available from Louis Vuitton and LV boutiques in 4 sizes (25, 30, 35, 40), shown here in 35.
These rubber mocs from LL Bean are perfect for rainy days (or just because). I love the khaki/navy version, but there are also more colors to choose from.
The Trackstick Mini is a tiny, USB-like device that tracks your journeys and allows for geotagging photos, retracing your route, and marking favorite spots for easy return. Just turn it on and go on your merry way. When you get home, plug it into your computer and upload your travels. Perfect for travelers and outdoorsmen. There is also an iPhone app called Walkabout that does the same thing.
This sterling silver fingerprint signet ring is a unique gift that would be perfect for moms or even as an engagement or wedding ring. Submit your desired fingerprint and the artists will transform it into a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry. Also available in gold and platinum.


I don't usually get excited about furniture, but this map chair caught my attention. These made-to-order chairs feature the location of your choice in decoupage, ready for duty in your home or office.

Every worker needs a nameplate - and what better way to introduce yourself than a whimsical version you won't find elsewhere! The Scrabble letters nameplate is a great choice for a new hire or for a home office.

  • Pink peacoat: I don't have a certain version in mind, but you can't go wrong with Gap!
  • Nap blanket (or nap snuggie): this is seriously the most comfortable blanket you will ever feel. And right now, Brookstone has them buy 1, get 1 half off!
  • Decision Points by former President George W. Bush: love him or hate him, this is a rare chance to see inside the mind of one of the world's most powerful people. In case anyone is concerned about partisanship, I also own Bill Clinton's My Life.
  • Ireland: you can buy a square foot of Irish countryside for only $49.99. It comes with pictures and directions in case you want to visit your domain. I think I would like to be called "Queen Gift Guru" among my woodland subjects.
  • T-shirt blanket: take old t-shirts and make them into a comfy blanket than you can use or display. This makes a great graduation gift. Available from multiple sellers around the web (Google "tshirt blanket") or make your own!
  • The Book of Awesome: this book, from the author of 1000 Awesome Things blog, is a blend of childhood memories, witty observations, and general feel-good sentiments that would suit almost any recipient. 


What's on your list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment